Exceptional Relationship Training follows these major premises:
1. The “Four Es” – Expressive, Embodied, Emotionally Focused and Experiential.
2. Communication occurs on both a verbal and non-verbal level and couples need to learn to“dialogue” with the whole of their body/mind in order to create emotional resonance.
3. Conflict engagement is the doorway to deep understanding and growth.
4. There is a need for couples to incorporate not only mindfulness, but to embody their shared experiences.
5. The therapist must be willing to take “leaps of faith” to encourage a broader and more flexible range of expression for each partner.
6. That each couple creates a “shared energy field” from which both problems and breakthroughs will occur.
7. Couples connect through here and now experiences and not only by talking about their dynamics.